Next Event (daily):
No future dates scheduled.
Location of Event:
RCMP Heritage Centre
Catch the Sergeant Major’s Parade during weekdays at 12:45 pm at RCMP Academy, ‘Depot’ Division. Available Monday to Friday during the summer, and from Tuesday to Friday from September until the end of April. Watch as the drill staff put cadets through their paces. The parade includes a roll call and inspection of the troops, accompanied by the cadet band. In the summer, you’re also likely to meet Turbo and Salute, two retired Musical Ride horses who make “Depot” Division their home.
Sergeant Major’s Parade Protocol:
– Included with admission to the RCMP Heritage Centre
– Guests wishing to see the Parade must pre-register at the Information desk at the RCMP Heritage Centre by 12:00 pm.
– Guests with disabilities or who may require additional assistance should plan to arrive early so that our staff can ensure a spot on one of the Centre’s wheelchair accessible people movers to escort you to the Parade
– Registration will allow adequate time for all bags to be stored in lockers and security tags issued to all participants
– Tours will depart from the RCMP Heritage Centre at 12:25 pm sharp, Monday through Friday
*Exception: On Graduation Monday’s if the weather is bad, viewing the Sergeant Major’s Parade in the Drill Hall will only be available for Family and Friends due to limited seating. If weather is nice and the Parade is outside on the Parade Square, guests will all be permitted to attend
– Guests are not allowed to attend Sergeant Major’s Parade when not accompanied by personnel who have been security cleared to be on the grounds of “Depot”
– As this is an outdoor event, please dress accordingly and bring a lawn chair. During the winter or in the case of inclement weather, seating is provided in the Drill Hall