Noon Year's Eve
Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 10:00am - 4:00pm (ended)
Location of Event:
Saskatchewan Science Centre
Please note that General Admission rates and Member Admission rates do not apply on this day. Only Noon Year's Eve ticket holders will be allowed entry to the Science Centre.
TICKETS: $15 PER PERSON (AGES 2 AND UNDER ARE FREE)
Tickets are now only available at the door.
Looking for an amazing way to spend New Year’s Eve with your family? Join us with your kids, your friends, and everyone you know at the Science Centre and ring in the New Year without staying up late! Our BIG BANG Stage Show starts at 11:45am and you can help us countdown to Noon. Don't miss this awesome event with a ton of added activities, free milk and a cookie, face painting, and you can even pre-order lunch from Skye Cafe & Bistro.
Check everything out below!
STAGE SHOWS - AT THE 2ND FLOOR SPACE STADIUM STAGE
10:45 The Matter Of Fact Show
- Did you know that water expands when it freezes? Or that mercury is the only metal that is in liquid form at room temperature? We see solids, liquids, and gases every day, but what about the fourth state of matter-plasma? Learn some interesting facts about the states of matter with this interactive stage show demonstration.
11:45 The BIG BANG Show
- Help us bring in 2018 with a bang! This stage show only happens one day a year, so don’t miss out!
12:45 The Static Show
- What is static electricity, and how does it occur? We’ll look at how static electricity can be generated and have a hair-raising good time!
1:45 The Cryogenics Show
- Find out about the solids, liquids, and gases that make up our world while we look at the effects of very cold temperatures on matter in all of its state with the help of liquid nitrogen. A truly chilling demonstration!
2:45 The Space Show
- What is gravity? How do rockets escape Earth’s gravity? What effect does the vacuum of space have on humans? This show is out-of-this-world!
ALL DAY ACTIVITIES - GRAB A PROGRAM ON THE DAY TO LOCATE THESE STATIONS
New Year's Glasses
- Decorate a pair of cool specs! There's a surprise when you look through the lenses of these special glasses. You'll get to take your glasses home with you.
- Use a battery, salt water, and alligator clips to etch a design into a metal tag that you can take home with you.
- Spiderman, kitty cat, super cool scientist? What will you be today?
The Southeast Regional Library
- Our friends from the Southeast Regional Library will be helping you make custom buttons to take home, and will have their Cubelets out to play with. Cubelets are magnetic, electronic building blocks that can be connected in different ways to do different tasks.
- Snap a pic with your own camera in our Photo Area! We'll have some fun props to get a little silly. Be sure to tag us @sasksciencecentre on Instagram when you post your best shots! From 1pm-3pm we'll be there to take your family photo for you using our camera and yours.
FOOD - IN THE 1ST FLOOR LWJ GALLERY
Free Milk and a Cookie
- Thanks to our friends at Sask Milk, FREE milk and a cookie for everyone! (We'll have limited quantities of a dairy-free beverage option, and a gluten-free cookie option available.)
Pre-Order A Lunch Box - ordering is now closed
- No need to leave or wait for a table - add a full meal of a sandwich, chips, a cookie, and juice for only $10 per person. Made by Skye Cafe & Bistro and available for pick-up in our LWJ Gallery. This option will only be available for pre-orders. The cut off for pre-ordering your lunch boxes has now passed. No lunch boxes will be available for purchase on the day.
Cotton Candy and Concession
- Buy a freshly made cotton candy treat or some snacks from our concession stand.
Feel free to bring a bagged lunch from home and enjoy it at the tables in the LWJ Gallery.
STAR LAB - SOLD OUT
- Take a trip to outer space, without even leaving our building! This activity has limited capacity. Star Lab spots are now sold out. There will be no walk-up Star Lab spaces on the day.
TIPS ON MAKING THIS THE BEST DAY EVER!
If our parking lot is full, use the SaskPower lot next to our building, or the newly refurbished Candy Cane Park lot just a short walk away. Please do not block lanes, or park in our loading dock area as you will be ticketed or towed. The #15 Heritage bus stops right outside our doors if you would prefer not to park at all. If you're coming with friends, plan to carpool.
Enter through the main Science Centre Entrance not The Kramer IMAX Theatre.
There will be separate lines for those that have pre-purchased tickets, and those without tickets. Follow the signs or ask our staff to make sure you're in the right one. There may be a small wait time during peak hours, but we'll get you inside as quick as we can. Shorten your wait by pre-purchasing tickets!
This is a busy event, so let your kids know that if you get separated, Science Centre Staff and volunteers are the right people to ask for help.
The Kramer IMAX Theatre will be showing Star Wars: The Last Jedi - An IMAX Experience in 70mm Film all day. Add a showing while you're here!
Relax, have fun, and enjoy all the added activities!
Back to Calendar
| © 2010 KinderBuzz Publishing